Vineyard Genetic Code
At a Vineyard pastors conference in September 1992, founder John Wimber taught on 10 areas of ministry that were essential to any Vineyard church. John called these areas the Vineyard Genetic Code because they are the common denominators that identify us as a family. A Vineyard experience typically includes:
* Clear, accurate, Biblical teaching
* Contemporary worship in the freedom of the Holy Spirit
* The gifts of the Holy Spirit in operation
* An active small group ministry
* Ministry to the poor, widows, orphans and those who are broken
* Physical healing with emphasis on signs and wonders as seen in the book of Acts
* A commitment to missions - church planting at home and world missions abroad
* Unity within the whole body of Christ; a relationship with other local churches
* Evangelistic outreach
* Equipping the saints in areas such as discipleship, ministry, serving, giving, finances, family, etc.
The "Vineyard Person"
These aspects of the Vineyard genetic code can be summed up in a picture - the Vineyard person.